Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pineapple Express red band trailer: Best Trailer Ever?




This has been out since Tuesday, but since I still can't get enough of it I may as well post it here as well.

Before the trailer this was always my #1 most anticipated film of 08. I mean it's another Judd Apatow movie (this time he produces as well as getting a story credit), and Seth Rogen co-wrote and co-stars in it. That right off the bat makes it amazing. Throw in James Franco playing a drug dealer named Saul and this movie couldn't lose.

The first clip of the movie came out in December when a scene from the movie was put on the Superbad DVD. Some people didn't like it, but I think those people are crazy. it establishes what Pineapple Express actually is, and is basically what sets up the rest of the movie. On top of that, it's funny as shit.

but now, the first trailer of the movie is officially out. It's also a red-band trailer (trailer with R-Rated material in it) which makes it even better. Whoever cut this trailer should get the Nobel Prize in science. it is brilliant the whole way through. Whoever had the idea of using M.I.A.'s absolutely fantastic "Paper Planes" in the trailer is a genius. It fits the movie perfectly, and makes me like the song even more then I already do.

Now with all that said, I hope besides the All Audiences trailer that there isn't another trailer until the release date. I am more than sold on it by now, so I want to keep the rest of the movie a surprise.

be sure to check out Pineapple Express when it hits theaters August 8th (08/08/08!). This certainly won't be the last you hear of this movie on this blog, so keep checking the blog for all the latest updates on what will be the best movie of 2008.

see the trailer this entry is all about after the jump.







No comments: